Almonds are high in plant protein, fibre, healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, but are low in carbs. Almonds are natural appetite suppressants and can help reduce weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and improve insulin resistance.
- Almonds are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- It is important to note that your body does not absorb 10–15% of their calories because some of the fat is inaccessible to digestive enzymes.
- Almonds are a great source of vitamin E, copper, magnesium, and are high in plant
protein (6 g in half a cup).
- They are low in carbs but contain high levels of healthy unsaturated fatty acids.
- Almonds are also loaded in antioxidants (especially in the skin) which can help reduce inflammation and oxidation of cholesterol.
- The health benefits of almonds include improved insulin resistance, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels.
- Like lupin, they are a natural appetite suppressant and may help with weight loss